This month in the Tideline Compass Series, Ben Thornley moderated a discussion with some of the world’s largest allocators and most innovative investors in climate—drawing a contrast between thematic investments in climate-related market sectors, versus true impact investments that deliver and report demonstrable environmental outcomes alongside financial returns. We explored the extent to which meeting this higher bar means aligning with industry standards like the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and doing more to build the capacity for measuring and managing both positive and negative impacts.
The panelists shared their thoughts on best practices for climate investing and how their organizations are approaching climate finance from an impact investing perspective.
- Allison Spector | Director, Responsible Investment, Nuveen
- Amy Duffuor | Principal, Prime Impact Fund
- Natalie Adomait | Senior Vice President, Impact Investments, Brookfield Asset Management
- Jeremy Smith | Head of Impact, Rede Partners
- Ben Thornley | Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Tideline (Moderator)